Monday 26 March 2012

Hey Bert, that's Captain Bert to you....

I just love, love, love this softie and so does Felix who keeps stealing him from me. Grant doesn't share my enthusiasm so I had to take Bert/Henry (see below) to playcentre today to share my new friend with people who would appreciate him.  Needless to say there were lots of oohs and aahs.




Gus seems equally taken with our friend and decided that the name Captain Bert didn't suit him, so he decided to rename him Henry (like "my Dus Henry") so we renamed him - Sir Henry. I found the medal on Trademe for a few dollars and the ribbon is from our local Evans fabric etc store, and the fabric was just something I found in my collection.  Its just perfect.  The pattern is from a fabulous book called State of Craft edited by Victoria Woodcock. The book is packed with beautiful projects and as usual I stumbled across it at our incredibly well stocked Hutt Library.  We are so luck in the Hutt as the library has a huge collection of craft books. Love it!  The link is below for the book.


http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/State-Craft-Victoria-Woodcock/9780956205346

1 comment:

  1. Hi, lovely to meet you at sewing class the other day, love the sock monkey, Penny

    ReplyDelete