Sunday 15 April 2012

Vests are best

I've just this weekend finished knitting Felix's vest and I think it is gorgeous (Grant thinks it's a wee bit feminine but oh well!).  It was so quick and simple and I managed to use up some of my stash of wool that seems to keep growing no matter what I do (don't think it helps that we stopped in at Holland Road Yarn Company http://hollandroadyarn.co.nz/ yesterday to buy some brown wool to knit Gus a vest too!)  




I got the pattern for Felix's vest from Ravelry and its one that Sam Lamb http://samlamb.blogspot.co.nz/ designed.  She has got a couple of beautiful vests which I just adore.  They are just so very practical and I love love love that they are knitted in the round.  My pet hate with knitting is seaming.  It drives me crazy as it is so fiddly and I never seem to manage a neat seam.


I have been really enjoying knitting in the round at the moment both with circular needles and double pointed needles but I think that I need to go to Tash's Knitting in the Round class again at HRYC to practice magic looping as I just can't do it.  My current project involving knitting in the round is leg warmers with gorgeous raspberry wool from Holland Road Yarn Company.  They are for a special someone's birthday - obviously not Gus! Here is a sneak peak.



I have been struggling for the past few weeks with losing nappies and wipes in my bag when suddenly I had an epiphany - I need a nappy wallet.  So I made a new and improved one this afternoon.  Someone suggested these alterations a long time ago but at the time my sewing skills weren't at a point where I could figure out how to do it.  But now I can!  I have created an extra pocket to allow a special space for putting tissues or sanitizer and a disposable change mat.  I'm pretty pleased with how it came out.





Xo


No comments:

Post a Comment