Wednesday 11 July 2012

Pockets of Craft tonight

Tonight is our Pockets of Craft night and already I've had 11 people confirm they will be coming - wow! I'll need to call the Community House and see if we can get a bigger room for the occasion! Ka rawe.  Tonight I plan on finishing the trousers that I cut out at the last craft night and due to constant busyness I haven't been able to finish them.  All I have left to do is finish the waist and the cuffed hems and they're done but finding time lately to sit at the sewing machine has been difficult.  I used my new (second-hand) overlocker for this project and it worked a treat.  Thanks to Petone Sewing Machines for offering such a great range of well-priced second-hand machines.  


I'm still plugging along with my Caramel Cardi which I imagine is going to take quite a while to complete.  I'm hoping that some of our more experienced knitters will turn up as I need some advice on the best way to join colours and the best way to carry the yarn between stripes.  So if you're at a loss for something to do tonight and live in the Lower Hutt area, feel free to join us at Petone Community House, 6 Britannia Street, Petone from 7.00 pm to 9.30 pm. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment