Tuesday 8 January 2013

What I'm reading

Wendy's Nissen's Mother's Little Helper - I've borrowed this book so many times from the library that Mum and Dad took pity on me and brought me my own copy. It is my go-to book for natural solutions for so many things:  nappy wipes to oven cleaner, anti-bacterial spray to sunscreen.

Mary Sheedy Kurcinka's Raising Your Spirited Child - I've read so many child raising books and drawn upon my own knowledge as an early childhood teacher but nothing has been as helpful or has rung as true as this book. Will have to return it to the library one day!

Hadley Fierlinger's Vintage Knits for Modern Babies - Trying to decide what to knit for a friends' baby. I have knitted so many things from this book and it is definitely one of my favourites.

Sarah Napthali's Buddhism for Mothers of Young Children - This book helps me to remember to keep calm and slow down.

Jude Blereau's Coming Home to Eat, wholefood for the family - This is another book that I think I'll need to purchase as I perpetually have it on loan from the library. So much knowledge about food and what is truly good for you and what is not.

Mosab Hassan Yousef's Son of Hamas - Wow, what an interesting read. A friend recommended it to me and in those rare moments when I have a moment to spare, I feel compelled to pick up this book.

Erika Knight's Natural Nursery Knits - Another of my favourites, especially the bird mobile pattern which I've made a number of times. It is such a gorgeous baby shower gift and I've even used one of the birds as a Christmas decoration.

Annabel Langbein's The Freerange Cook - Annabel Langbein is fast becoming my new Donna Hay and for those of you who know me, you'll know how serious that is! I just adore her simple recipes with easy to find and no fuss ingredients - and the ultimate chocolate cake is to die for.

Donna Hay's Kids Magazines - Felix's birthday and party are on Saturday so I've been scouring my trusty favourites for ideas. Can't go wrong with Donna Hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment