Friday 3 February 2012

At last....

Well, well, well.... I have finally got around to setting up this blog.  It is something that I've been thinking about for a long, long time but it has been hard to find the time.  I decided to write a blog after reading in Buddhism for Mothers that writing about your thoughts, feelings and ideas can help to reduce stress and make one a calmer person.  So after trying to write in a journal for a month or so I decided that since I'm faster at typing than writing, this is a better idea.  This way also I get to share my special finds with other like-minded people.


I have been doing lots of thinking, imagining, dreaming, wondering and pondering about what to do with the rare pockets of time that I have for myself.  I had thought about studying either in the early childhood field again, or perhaps creatively but decided that this would require too much time and energy away from the boys.  I had also been chatting with a few friends about selling some of the items that I like to make, but as I like things to be absolutely perfect I'm not sure that my sewing skills are at the level that I would like them to be for me to be happy with selling the product.


So for now I'm just enjoying sewing the fabulous patterns that I've been discovering on Etsy.
Here is the gorgeous Kimono dress by Pattern Runway that I finished on the weekend.  I've just got back from Global Fabrics in search of fabric to make another one because I just love it so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment