Sunday 19 May 2013

Meet Daddy Donkey

I have finally completed a few projects that I had been working on for a while now so I thought I'd share them. I am a person who doesn't like to leave things incomplete so it was so rewarding to finally get these things ticked off!

I started Felix's donkey in December, intending to give it to him for his birthday. Well, his birthday was in January and all it took was an hour to finish him off. Felix needed a new bed friend as since he's been teething again he has nearly chewed the tail off his rabbit and penguin so it was time for a new friend. This fellows name is actually Gordon but as soon as Felix saw him he called out "Daddy Donkey" and it has stuck.


This jersey is just a little short because it was started in August last year and obviously Gus has grown a little since then. He'll get some wear from the jersey this winter but its probably going to be something that Felix will get more use out of. It has been perfect for keeping his neck warm over the past week while he's had a cough. Perfect!


Sofia from the wonderful crochet class at Holland Road Yarn Company taught me how to finish Felix's vest to stop it from rolling. Thanks Sofia! Felix is getting heaps of wear from it.


Crochet saved the day for me to with these little slippers for Felix. He is starting at a Rudolf Steiner childcare very soon (well it was supposed to be last week but he's been crook), and the children need to wear slippers inside. Thanks again to the lovely Sofia for the lessons as it meant that I was able to whip these up in no time, and adjust them slightly so that they fit perfectly.


I was determined to crochet a hat for Gus and it took three goes to get it something like what I was after. It's still not exactly what I wanted but Gus is pleased with it.


I only have two projects on the go right now - unheard of for me although I'm sure that I'll find another something to add to the list. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment