Thursday 15 August 2013

In our kitchen # 4

Someone has hijacked my day! Where did it go? And what happened to lunchtime?


Breakfast - broccoli, cauliflower, mashed kumara and pumpkin with scrambled eggs.  The above photo is what Gus had for breakfast - all of it! And he was looking for more but there was nothing left.  I wormed him a few weeks ago as I did wonder if he was sharing his food with unwelcome guests, but not so!

Lunch - now this is where things went skewiff. The boys had some yoghurt with banana and half a buckwheat bread roll.  I forgot completely to eat and ended up snacking on fruit, nuts and seeds.

Dinner -  no cooking required again tonight as it is Tuesday nights leftovers for dinner - beef korma with cauliflower rice. We may even have dessert tonight - I have pulled the other half of last weeks' sticky date pudding out of the freezer.  Here is the recipe - I'm keen to see how it defrosts.

Felix is still unwell so he skipped childcare and came grocery shopping with me this morning.  I had my meal plan and a strict list of what to buy, but instead I got mince - beef, lamb and pork.  Its so versatile and Felix is going through a real fussy stage with dinner at the moment, and mince, especially bacon-wrapped mince, is one meal that he never fusses over.  So mince it is!


2 comments:

  1. Left over Tuesday...hmmm...I recall someone saying "we don't eat leftovers" how things change when kids come along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I know!!! How things change alright.

    ReplyDelete