Saturday 17 August 2013

In our kitchen # 6

Any day is a good day for a cake, especially when you're celebrating a birthday (Happy Birthday Mum!). Mum and Dad are visiting this weekend so I thought I'd bake Mum a cake, and although my cake isn't quite as beautiful as this (nor does it have icing sugar sprinkled on it), but I'm sure it will taste just divine!


Picture and recipe from Petite Kitchen - Decadent and coconut chocolate torte

Once again its a Petite Kitchen cake and was typically easy to whip up. Can't wait to serve it up with Greek yoghurt and raspberries - after the obligatory candle-blowing of course. The boys don't count it as being a birthday cake unless there is the appropriate amount candle-blowing and singing. The recipe is available here.

Breakfast - came in two stages this morning. The kids had Petite Kitchen's Coconut Flour Pancakes when they first got up, and then after Mum and Dad had been to the market for BACON, we all had bacon and scrambled eggs.


Lunch - was a bit of an odd concoction with banana and yoghurt, avocado dip with carrot sticks and rice crackers, raisins and nuts, and leftover pancakes. Have I mentioned the avocado thing before, that we saw on Country Calendar? Avocado to You are based in Cooks Beach, on the Coromandel (near where we used to live), and they grow organic avocados which they pick, pack and send direct to you.  Awesome! Can't wait to try out that avocado chocolate mousse I've seen.

Dinner - well, I forgot to get meat out of the freezer this morning so I'm not quite sure what we're going to do.  There is leftover Cypriot Pie from last night and there is definitely enough for the boys but not for us. Will have to put my thinking cap on!

No comments:

Post a Comment